[Noisebridge-discuss] Free Broken Hard Disks

John Ellis neurofog at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 23:58:57 UTC 2013

Hi Alex,

I might come by tomorrow and grab a few if they are still around. If I can
find some semi-similar, I'll try and program the motors to run on an
Arduino (cliche I know) for the next CHM demo and bring a few to NB. I
don't think I could bag & carry much more than 8-12 if available.

I'm guessing these don't have steppers in them, but are voice coil and a
good spindle motors  for the most part.

For others reference,  modern HDDs often have parts like Flash ROMs and
output "amps" for driving motors that also drive speakers etc. that can be
recycled.

Is anyone planning to bring a few to NB for hacking?

Thanks
John