[Noisebridge-discuss] Solar Lanterns & Solar Ovens in Rwanda

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 02:27:05 UTC 2013

We used solar tech to cook at Fractal Planet at Burning Man. The project
was led by oneearthdesigns.com. They don't appear to be open source, and
are probably too expensive. Maybe you can talk to the creators and get some
models donated. They worked quite well, at least in desert sun. It was also
quite safe. There is a designated place to stand, and it looked hard to
accidentally reach into the beam. Alternatively, I'm sure a similar design
exists in open source as I've seen this umbrella type design in other
camps. I'll try to get more info.