[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposals

Casey Callendrello c1 at caseyc.net
Fri Nov 15 04:10:34 UTC 2013

On 11/14/13 12:24 PM, jim wrote:
> It seems to
> me that we now have a small cabal that is
> trying to address problems by fiat rather
> than ad hoc with sympathy and analysis and
> patience.
Jim,
     Without commenting on anything else you've said, I'd like to object
to this particular assertion. All the decisions being made have been
month-long consensus items, documented in meeting notes as usual and
discussed extensively on the mailing list. If there's a secret cabal,
they aren't doing a very good job of hiding themselves.

I know NB meetings have always been boring slog-fests at the best of
times, and I haven't seen a keysigning in quite a while. However, I
don't think it's fair to allege fiat.

Cheers,
--Casey

p.s. I went to the space to do some hacking a week ago and the
environment was pretty great. Lots of actual hackifying going on. It
felt the closest to the NB I remember of 3 years ago. I'm not naïve
enough, however, to assume the ends justify the means.