[Noisebridge-discuss] amendments to membership proposal - associate members and 24/7 hours

jim jim at well.com
Wed Oct 23 20:12:24 UTC 2013

    We've not yet been able to agree on a
satisfactory definition for "hack". Strikes
me as a bad idea to use that word other
than informally.

    There are people who contribute and who
take advantage of Noisebridge facilities in
good ways (such as attending workshops and
classes) who may not seem to fit a definition
of "hacking".
    I know of a few cases in which people
that I believe are good for the community and
space have been harassed for not "hacking"
according to someone's idea.
    Seems to me that we should tend toward
acceptance rather than rejection: our
community will likely be the richer for it.

    Seems good to be aware of one's feelings
(such as frustration or anger) before one
attacks or rejects someone else.