[Noisebridge-discuss] how to protect media wikies against spammers - in general

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 27 13:32:23 UTC 2013

Hi to all,
We have started as Food Hacking Base group our media wiki (as you already now :-)) and now we are trying to get the spammers out. We (mwfc in this case) had added captcha for some protection but still we get a lots of spam every day, here is the log

https://foodhackingbase.org/w/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=100

What would be your recommendations to decrease the frequency? We would like to keep the pages open to the public aditing as much as possible thou ...

Many thanks for any info,

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker