[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge is now Members and their Guests only, 24/7 please read and learn about it

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 31 08:40:47 UTC 2013

i am truly disappointed that your mind is so closed.  in every practical
way nothing has changed at all.

>> The principle has change Jake. I have spend years in may hackerspaces all around world since I left Noisebridge. I think that I could not keep my mind really closed even if I tried :-)

however we should take your lamentations with a grain of salt considering
you were noisebridge's first and longest lasting squatter.

>> Thanks you for the credit alas to my knowledge first is definitely not the case, check with the old timers lets be accurate.

You have been out of the country and away from noisebridge for so long
(YEARS now) that for you to try to tell us how to run the place without
coming and seeing it for yourself first is really bold.

>> May be true (definitely not by electronic means), read again the emails of people who are in the place quite often and share my opinion, there are many and they are very unhappy too and they have been unahppy with your suggestions for long time and you walked over them together with how many, four people in total? How many paying members Noisebridge has I wonder? Is it at least 5% of total? Do you really think this is OK? Really? I remember Jacob telling me ones that Noisebridge is not just a physical place, it is an idea a way (sorry if I do not make phrase clear), this is not what many long lasting members support, they are clearly against and you knew it and you did this anyway.

Noisebridge continues to be open to the public 24/7 just as it always was.

>> For majority of the people especially who are not familiar with the place that is not true both by theory and practice, they are for example people who do other types of hacking not having even mobile, relying on computer which they do not have access 24/7. The concept changed drastically again read what many other people who are around and I agree with them say.

>> I personally think that both the way and the rule are not good and it will stick to you way worst than my "squatter" past, which I'm sorry for because you did a great things in the place and not just there, supported even my activities and I really do not know what went wrong but for year or more I see you becoming more and more aggressive on the discuss, being rude to people etc. You realize that something is going wrong, right?

>>> Well I wish you best and I hope that the situation will calm down and in the future the place will go back to open and inviting style again I hope I will be able to help with that.

>> Sincerely FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org