[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge is now Members and their Guests only, 24/7 please read and learn about it

Dayton Grant daytongrant68 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 14:50:59 UTC 2013

Super++ on FAA's comment!!!!!

AAMOF, Noisebridge should now be called Noisebridge Farm based upon
George Orwell's http://www.george-orwell.org/Animal_Farm/

Orwell's excellent classic now becomes just as much a must-read as the
new "24/7 please read and learn about it"
Consensus policy.

- Farm visionary Major (read Mitch A) effectively disappears from the scene
- The many definitely Excellent Snowball hackers are inevitably driven
out of the Farm (read The Space)
- Comrade Napolean (read Member Jake and other supporting Members)
enact new "More Improved" rules of Excellence
- ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS
(read ALL NB VISITING HACKERS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME
HACKERS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS excluding the ability to pay & consense)

... QED and so it happens...

DaG

-------

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Quote by George Santayana

> Just to keep it simple, from yesterday on Noisebridge has become members only hackerspace, correct?
> If I come alone and I'm not a member (or associate member) and no one vouch for me after someone
> asking me and deciding that I do not do anything creative based on his/her judgment, I have to leave.
>
> Well that is definitely a change which I'm truly sorry for, the negative impact of this decision
> will be really big within the whole hacker community not just in USA. I wonder how many people who
> believed in the openness of the place will quit or at least become much less passionate, the second
> will definitely apply to me. There were thousands and thousands of people who have heard me
> championing the place for years stressing the openest as the key factor and I know there were many
> more doing the same but this is really changing the whole paradigm.
>

> This makes me very sad I'm truly surprised that after so much of negative feed back which I have
> seen on the list it was pushed through, that is not the way how the consensus should work I think.
> I can hardly imagine that the situation would be so bad that no other solution could be found with
> people still physically active in the place.
>
>I respect you Jake for trying to help to keep the place running but this is bad turn, bad decision,
> more easy one sure but leaving the ideal way aside. For me the atmosphere will change tremendously.

Sincerely,

FAA

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck