[Noisebridge-discuss] Subject: Re: Proposal: filtered exhaust fan for compost bin

Jean-Luc Picard atari2600a at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 01:00:09 UTC 2013

Yeah but the big problem with that is it implies NB members are eager to
do the 'hard' labour such as cleaning the kitchen in an active rather
than passive manner. Besides, the flies are finding their way in from
the front (supposedly unsanitary conditions in the grocery store next
door; don't get anything towards the ground there?)  so we'd still need
something a bit more sophisticated to deal w/ the airflow, except w/ a
seal.  If NB's gonna be heated this winter, this can actually be done
passively by simply cracking a kitchen window by a centimeter & placing
the bucket below it.

I'm totally up for the biocompostable bag thing though.