[Noisebridge-discuss] The image we have to other hackerspaces and society as a whole

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 02:03:47 UTC 2013

Thats the thing.  There are MANY problems.   I want people like you to come
back.  I want all the people who have left, including myself, to come
back.  I want CHM, SCOW and other activities to actually be active and
growing.   These activities and meetings are dying.  Why?  Because no one
wants to run them.  Why?  Because the people who run them don't come to the
space often if at all.   Why?  Thats what we need to figure out.   It will
take time, talking and dedication.   I care still.  I am sure there are
others.

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:

> Can you define the problem?
>
> There have been many attempts to fix it, and from where I stand they all
> seem to be addressing different-but-related issues, and tend to fail
> because Solution X doesn't solve Problem Y, and Problem Y's proponents
> either refuse to follow along with Solution X, or sometimes actively try to
> break it.
>
> I wish you luck, I'd love to feel NB was a place I want to go to again.
>
> Rachel1.0
>

> On 10/4/13 6:51 PM, Ronald Cotoni wrote:
>
>> Sure.  Lets fix this in two weeks.  This saturday and sunday I am busy
>> but who wants to get together every day for the next two weeks or
>> however long it takes to sort out, starting monday and get this shit
>> sorted out?  I am free after work.  Lets solve this.   Lets talk it out,
>> lets figure this crap out once and for all.  We are smart people, we can
>> do this.
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org
>> <mailto:schoen at loyalty.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Ronald Cotoni writes:
>>
>>      > With articles like this we have a massively negative image, as we
>>     should
>>      > for not adequately dealing with these issues.
>>
>>     As I said a while ago, at 83C there was a very strong understanding
>> that
>>     Noisebridge should not create rules _preemptively_.  But at 2169 there
>>     seems to be an understanding that Noisebridge should never create
>> rules
>>     _at all_.
>>
>>     I think the new understanding is severely broken.
>>
>>     --
>>     Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org <mailto:schoen at loyalty.org>>
>>
>>         |  No haiku patents
>>     http://www.loyalty.org/~**schoen/ <http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/>       |  means I've no incentive to
>>        FD9A6AA28193A9F03D4BF4ADC11B36**DC9C7DD150  |        -- Don Marti
>>

>> --
>> Ronald Cotoni
>> Systems Engineer

Ronald Cotoni