[Noisebridge-discuss] /territorializing

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:18:03 UTC 2013

Please tell these people to GTFO. Anyone may ask individuals who are not
actively contributing excellence to the space to leave. It's always a good
idea to get help. Find some people in the space and tell them that you are
asking someone to leave, and would like help. If help is unavailable in the
space, there is a list of people who are down to help on the pole with the
payphone. Occasionally, there is a "docent" hanging out at the desk near
the entrance. You may ask them to stop the offensive behavior, leave for
the day, or leave until the next meeting, at your discretion.

I try to talk to people and find a resolution before the conflict gets to
this point, but sometimes the banhammer is appropriate. I am available to
help mediate conflicts and help with difficult situations. Many other
Noisebridgers will support you too.

If nobody tells these people to go away, they will likely remain.
Excellence is a high bar, you need to be doing more than breathing to meet
it.