[Noisebridge-discuss] Launching new hacker / maker space in Norfolk, England

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 21:06:57 UTC 2013

Hello Holly!  That is great you are starting a new hackerspace.  I would
suggest taking a look at our wiki, it contains all the information you
want.  We have meeting notes from every Tuesday since a few smart people
decided to create Noisebridge.  You can see the initial meeting notes how
it was started.   I don't usually attend meetings, nor am I a member but I
am sure someone at the meeting could skype you in during it to see how it
runs.  You could ask a ton of questions to the membership then.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Holly McDede <hmcdede at cca.edu> wrote:

> Hello Noisebridge,
>
> I'm helping set up a new hacker space/public space/maker space-type place
> out of an unused cathedral in Norwich, England. There's about 100 members
> right now (membership is free and open at the moment) and we're starting to
> paint the space next week. I haven't  been actively involved in setting up
> or maintaining Noisebridge, though I do love and value the space.
>
> I was wondering if there was anyone at Noisebridge who might be willing to
> speak to members of the Common Room to talk over skype or email about how
> Noisebridge works, how it's lasted so long, and any tips or advice to get
> this space running? Inevitable the two spaces will be different, but I'm
> sure the Common Room folks will be inspired by and learn from Noisebridge.
>
> Let me know!
>
> Holly

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer