[Noisebridge-discuss] Public Art: Pulse of the City

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Sep 17 00:23:16 UTC 2013

Hi all, I am just sharing this project, which I and 3 collaborators
installed in 5 locations around Boston last week.  It is called Pulse of
the City, and it plays you music based on your heartbeat.  We just
released a video about it:

http://vimeo.com/74476899

Uses an arduino and a Raspberry pi as well as those addressable LED
strips I see everywhere nowadays... the housing is fiberglass with an
acrylic ring over the LEDs, and it's fully solar powered.  We'll be
documenting it more fully over the next few weeks and I will post that
info here when it's more complete.

(You can see me very briefly at the very end, where we're doing the
installation, behind the closing credits, if you know what I look like.)

Cheers,
Rachel1.0