[Noisebridge-discuss] Hayao Miyazaki is retiring -- would love to get this feminist film night going

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 01:10:27 UTC 2013

1997 after Princess Mononoke he did his first retirement or as I see now sometimes claimed to be "semi-retirement" - the reason for that partly was supposed to be the dead of Yoshifumi Kondō the director of the Whisper of the Heart
2004 he came back from retirement to finish the Howls moving castle (I kind of did not realize this one exactly, the wikipedia is claiming this one and I catch it at Nausicca net before I think)
2013 "final retirement"

To be absolutely honest not speaking Japanese sufficiently (or nearly at all at the moment) and not being Japanese on the first place I will be quite careful to claim what exactly Miyazaki announces or not it is hard to "read" for me. However it looks like that this final announcement is quite simple to interpret, once more thanks for the news.

Sincerely,

Frantisek Algoldor Apfelbeck

biotechnologist&kvasir and hacker

http://www.frantisekapfelbeck.org