[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge is for hacking

Davidfine d at vidfine.com
Tue Sep 3 15:57:33 UTC 2013

Noisebridge exists and was founded to empower any person so desiring to
become more in control of technology.
We can absolutely exclude people from the space. Not every activity that
could be called hacking is allowed or tolerated. Don't allow yourself to
be manipulated by word games. You're not a jerk for enforcing boundaries.

Instead of saying /Noisebridge is for //Hackers/, try /Noisebridge is
for hacking/. You can discuss a person's actions without judging their
abilities or value as a human being.
If Neo and Morepheus use the space as a crash pad, I will ask them to
leave. But Randall the crusty street kid can come and build analog
circuits all day, that's cool. You see how that works.

--D