[Noisebridge-discuss] Macbook Pro Doesn't Work

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:31:27 UTC 2013

i would put that 300 towards a new working machine that will give you less
issues.   Thats my .02 cents.  "Hardware" issues on apple hardware tend to
be overly expensive.  If you wait a few days or look around a bit, you can
find a laptop for 200-300 bux that will get the job done and be more
reliable until you get your feet on the ground.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Guess what?
>
> Yeah. My macbook pro doesn't work. Someone tried helping me hack it
> and fix the airport card; not too long ago but now it doesn't even
> seem to come on. I can get a fan sound but the power light won't stay
> on and I can't get the monitor to come on.
>
> My vision isn't quite good enough to see very well what I'm doing (13
> years of programming'll have that effect). And I don't know what I'm
> doing.
>
> You know mac internals and can fix it? I have about $300 before I am
> completely broke, and I will be homeless, so I am going for broke on
> this and putting most of my money on this one horse.
>
> Really disappointed that I can't teach F/E webdev class. I Do however
> need to get this going so that I can get DHTML Kitchen project
> underway, and that includes putting the comp.lang.javascript FAQ on
> the new site.
>
> Please make offer.
>
> Thanks,
> --