[Noisebridge-discuss] Password managers

Peter Kaminski kaminski at istori.com
Thu Sep 12 22:07:54 UTC 2013

Hi Casey,

> At the risk of opening a can of worms, what password managers have
> y'all found success with?

I use Clipperz.com.  I like it because the client and all the encryption
is written in JavaScript and runs in any modern web browser.  It stores
your encrypted password wallet on their server, but without them knowing
anything about me except my IP address and general size of my password
collection.  You can also save a backup locally or in your cloud drive;
it's stored as one HTML+JavaScript file, including the client code and
data, so you're never without the client as long as you have a browser
with JavaScript.

On the flip side, it doesn't have great browser integration (yet; maybe
someday).

Besides KeePass, the other two big choices are 1Password and LastPass.

Pete