[Noisebridge-discuss] Filth - a Vision

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 04:54:43 UTC 2014

From: "Lupita Berries" <garyberries at gmail.com>

>The goal isn't to punish people. The goal is to create a safe
>environment for people.

I completely agree. My Vision of NB is a place where the General Public
come to participate in awesome hacks, Beginner to Advanced, using
hardware, firware, software, bioware, edible hacks, hammers and nails,
hammers and nails, hammers and nails, boom-da-boom. A place committed to
self-reliance, self-organizing, and self-definition. A place where (all
types of) Members are joined by the General Public, most days and
evenings, to attend Interest-Group meetups, talks, and work on
individual hacks. A place where the General Public come evenings to
watch cool, sometimes challenging, hacking-related performances. A place
where, at certain times, kids are guaranteed a place that's safe to be a
kid, and other times when adults are guaranteed a place that's safe to
be an adult. A place which is well-equipped, organized, clean, and
decorated with art hacks and sound sculptures. A place where your stuff
won't get stole. A place where many visitors decide to make a commitment
to A Life of Hacking, and become Members. Other visitors make financial
commitments to Noisebridge. A place where everyone shares a desire to
take control over their environment, and to not be reliant on formal
education, wealth, or credentials. A place where every type of Member
makes an explicit commitment to the Vision and the Work. A place with
rituals.

I would marry the above Vision with Praveen's one-sentence Mission
statement.

But maybe not everyone likes my Vision Statement. Which is why i'm
looking forward to the Mission/Vision Workgroup.