[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Glass at the space?

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 17:19:19 UTC 2014

On 15 April 2014 10:14, Dean Mao <dean.mao at hackerdojo.com> wrote:
> So I've used the Glass before, and it's not something that is constantly
> recording.  If people wanted to record other people secretly, there are so
> many other gadgets out there that will do it too.  It feels weird to ban one
> specific gadget on the basis of a capability that is not used very often.
> If NB was actually worried about people recording each other, they should
> ban smartphones since the video cam on phones are used more often than any
> other gadget in existence.

And not just that:

http://www.banggood.com/SC-Leather-Belt-Camera-Watch-Video-HD-PC-Webcam-Function-Support-32GB-TF-Card-p-921690.html

There's quite a few recording watches that you can buy.

Healthy paranoia is healthy. But this focus on Glass reeks of
something else. It's an obvious social status indicator and it almost
"feels" like you're being watched. (Heh, get it? I said watch. Like a
time-keeping device.Blah, whatever. You get the idea.) It has a lot of
stigma against it and it's very public.

-a