[Noisebridge-discuss] reasoning about the kitchen

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 05:52:06 UTC 2014

Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

I would have blocked this "you must have a wiki page to
participate at Noisebridge" bullshit if I'd been paying attention.

J: who's fail is "not paying attention"?

Nobody's, really. Just proves that "Andy and Naomi paying attention at all times" is not an effective mechanism for preserving project values. The fail is not having institutional processes and docs that preserve the values YOU think should be preserved.

A: I
mistakenly thought that the newly active folks at Noisebridge were
sensible enough to avoid obvious fails like this one.  "Surely these
folks wouldn't be *that* stupid"...
J: I believe the Associate Membership process was developed by some NB old-timers, who were trying to pick noisebridge up off the ground. So I guess you feel nothing is wrong with NB?