[Noisebridge-discuss] Announce mod

Simon C. Ion ion.simon.c at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 10:31:28 UTC 2014

Dude. This is what he said about the message that he saw in the queue:

"The only thing waiting right now
is a message from you titled "Video volunteers sought" which doesn't
make very much sense as a -announce subject AFAICS.

Keep in mind that noisebridge-announce has well over a thousand
subscribers, most of whom don't know anything about the specific event
you're announcing.

The announce subject should give a quick idea about what the event is
about, and the body should include info about the event such as ...

We do a pretty good job in the moderator queue of approving messages
that are easy to approve, and we try to help people who've posted things
that just need a little tweaking in order to be appropriate (especially
if it's a new poster who's going to learn and do better next time), but
giving help takes more work and sometimes falls through the cracks."

To summarize, he said "The only message from you in the queue could use
some work. Here are the things that should be done to make that message
better. Sorry if it took us a while to get to you, things get dropped on
the floor sometimes."

And yeah, the Announce guidelines are posted here: