[Noisebridge-discuss] electronic components to donate

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 07:35:28 UTC 2014

------ Original Message ------
From: "Al Sweigart" <asweigart at gmail.com>

>It is definitely a welcome donation, John! Just be sure that it is
>already well-organized when you deliver it.

Hi John Kinsel

As a person who actually DOES electronics at Noisebridge, and as the
person who recently spent many days cleaning up our electronics storage
area, I WELCOME disorganized donations. My cleanup job was completely
destroyed by unknown persons (who must have missed their Noisebridge
Orientation)-- the whole transistor area is a pile of unsorted parts.
Again. So your donation will be right at home, John. No worries, our
electronics hackers love to dig into donation bins.

Also, as a person who has organized several electronics events at
Noisebridge, and who coordinated a parts donation from Jameco
Electronics, I'm aware that there can be confusion about where donations
should go, and i don't want this to end up in the trash. So hopefully
someone will step up-- if not, just ask where the transistors are
stored.

John Kinsel, i'll be at EE Live this week, and i'm going out of town
next weekend, but I'd be happy to meet you next week. If no one else
offers to meet you, please stash the stuff

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, John Kinsel!

AL: It's NOT POLITE to instruct a donor to organize their donation for
us. Beggars can't be choosers. It's also courteous, Al, to meet donors
in-person when possible, to receive the donation, and thank them for
their time, their effort, and the donation.

Also, AL, please do NOT turn away electronics components donations. We
need them. i welcome you to attend to your own hacking realm at
Noisebridge, which is.... the Board.

-JR