[Noisebridge-discuss] Secretaribot reincarnated

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Thu Aug 21 04:24:30 UTC 2014

Hi, noisebridge.

Secretaribot hasn't done much since September 2013:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Special:Contributions/Secretaribot

I tried to poke the code to resurrect him:

https://github.com/dannyob/secretaribot

Didn't want to spend a whole lot of time figuring out how to get secretaribot
working again, so I figured I'd re-use the bot we had at SYNHAK to keep our
minutes updated:

https://github.com/phrobo/phong

I ran him today and he:

* Updated the redirect from [[Last meeting]]
* Updated the redirect from [[Next meeting]]
* Created next week's page from the template:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2014_08_26

I've got a copy of the configuration file used, and plan on storing it somewhere
private for those who need access to it. Phong is now running from a daily
cron job and will happily maintain these pages for the foreseeable eternity.

Phong has a fairly expressive plugin API with a template engine if anyone has
ideas for periodic processing of wiki pages or e-mail things that need done,
or really anything else.