[Noisebridge-discuss] Visitor from another coast, offer of talk.

Jeff DelPapa dp at the-nerds.org
Fri Dec 5 17:47:17 UTC 2014

--
I am in town this weekend, and would like to stop by.  I come offering up
lecture to help engage with the locals, and foster solidarity between
makerspaces.

You get a choice, either "Mechanical Artillery 101, Yes YOU! can be a Siege
Engineer"  (as offered at recent NYC Maker Faires) or "Making Maker TV -
Backstage at Junkyard Wars"  The catapult lecture runs around an hour, the
TV show, takes ~90 minutes and includes showing of a never aired in the US
episode of Junkyard Wars, where they show us turning a ready mix cement
truck into a paddle boat,  with a running dose of reality checking snark
added by your humble narrator.

I can do this during the day on Saturday or Sunday (yes, tomorrow) I might
be able to do it on Tuesday evening.  (my schedule is in some flux still).

I also would love to hear about places I should try to visit while here,
things like other maker spaces, purveyors of interesting cruft, strange
museums, and other maker bait...
-dp-
Founder, The New England Rubbish Deconstruction Society; The NERDS
http://www.the-nerds.org/

This planet needs a lot more kids who think taking a lawnmower apart is more
fun than playing a videogame