[Noisebridge-discuss] History of my member page on the wiki

Ronald Cotoni setient at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 01:36:15 UTC 2014

You are right, I misspoke and I am sorry for that.  It was never formally
blocked but I did heed your suggestion. A few of people were wondering why
I had pulled it right before the 4th meeting.  I pulled my membership so it
would not get to blocking since I thought that wouldn't be good for a
meeting and actually stopped participating in the space.   I didn't tell
anyone for a while what happened.  I took over a year and thought about
what I could do to actually help.  The best thing I could think of was
actually being in the space and promoting being excellent to each other.  I
want more people around promoting noisebridge's goals 24/7.

At the last few meetings I have been taking in what everyone has to say and
I am working with people to come up with compromises.  I am also not all
willy nilly endorsing associate members.  I met this guy Christian, the
other day.  He seemed cool but I told him I needed to know him better
before going to his wiki page and putting MY name there with MY account.
(Since I started drafting this email, he had come out and I did get to know
him better and thus endorsed his associate membership.)

As a new Noisebridge member, I plan on going there often with the purpose
of helping others with their projects and getting acclimated to the space.
  I didn't need to be a member to do that but I want to start participating
in the consensus process and working on great solutions to the tough
problems that the space has. I plan on spending every Tuesday there.   I do
not say much in the meeting but I am trying to listen to what people say
and come up with compromises, instead of being on either side of a
discussion.  I am planning on spending a significant amount of time in the
space and focusing on helping others with their projects and teaching
whatever I can teach.

This took me some time to write since I don't want to be confrontational
with anyone but that can't be the case now.  Please also be aware, there
were 4 weeks, all 4 of which I was at the meeting and in the meeting notes
as far as I know.  The last time before I pulled my membership request it
was an hour before the 4th meeting.  This time you are bringing it up a day
after the meeting.  Why could you have not brought this up again in the
past 4 weeks?  The last time you didn't bring anything up until an HOUR
before the 4th meeting.  This is why we have 4 weeks in the process, so we
can hammer out any possible issues BEFORE the last meeting, before it
becomes a long prolonged discussion item.
Kevin, to be completely honest, I forgot again to mention it.  I had told a
bunch of people in the past and really forgot who I told.

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:03 PM, bfb <bfb at riseup.net> wrote:

> Omitting this information from discussion is classical "not on good
> faith". Ron, did you forget that Leif had blocked your membership?
>
> -Kevin

Ronald Cotoni
Systems Engineer