[Noisebridge-discuss] Streaming Noisebridge meetings [help needed]

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 19:47:48 UTC 2014

.. [snip Naomi's great points]

And to be honest, one of the big failings from the open source crowd
was to create a video streaming/collaboration solution that was easy
to use an multi-platform. There were LInux only solutions for the
longest time based on open standards / codecs, but (a) they were
always fiddly to setup, (b) they didn't bother hacking on NAT
(because, and I remember this bullshit clearly, there were pro "ipv6
is everywhere, fuck NAT" discussions circa 2001..) and (c) they didn't
bother with Windows or the emerging Mac platforms.

So, I highly encourage porting / implementing replacement
collaborative video chat services. Chrome has a perfectly good plugin
infrastructure for writing this stuff and now browsers support video,
audio and webcam data themselves. Yet I've still not seen any sane,
open source, easy to use, multi platform solution. They tend to be
built as part of a startup and get bought out .. :-)

-a