[Noisebridge-discuss] Streaming Noisebridge meetings [help needed]

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Fri Feb 7 01:02:50 UTC 2014

Well FYI I installed Google Hangouts on my Google Chrome browser... and
it's extremely intrusive!

The Google Hangouts app instantly (without me setting permissions) stuck
itself into my general menu bar, launches itself whenever I start my Chrome
browser, and interrupts my day with messages from people... I don't
remember opting in.

Luckily it's easy to turn these settings off.  I wouldn't have minded them
if I had remembered consciously opting in, but I don't remember doing that.

I enjoy using the service enough with my friend so I will not unsintall it.

I can imagine how angry people would be with me if I required them to
install this service into their own browsers, especially if they are
open-source people.

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com