[Noisebridge-discuss] "Banning" discussion tonight

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 22:37:39 UTC 2014

I will be there.  I also feel this is an extremely important
discussion, and goes much deeper than simply the use of a ban.

I have a solution in mind to avoid these situations, something I
brought up a few meetings ago: a "community" meeting.

Misunderstandings shouldn't be allowed to scale to the level of
"drama".  In our current "system", we only have two modes: the general
meeting and noisebridge-discuss.  The former is simply an
inappropriate venue for addressing interpersonal issues, and the
latter... well.

Now that I see to what ridiculous level the Noisebridge version of
justice can be taken in response to interpersonal issues that should
never have escalated, it's time we consider strongly the idea of
having a Community meeting in addition to the NB general meeting.

--Naomi