[Noisebridge-discuss] Lockers

Dean Mao dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Wed Jan 8 07:43:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:24 PM, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Al himself, and the others who create the Lockers page on the nb wiki,
> concluded that, at that time, the community did NOT favor lockers. See
> Noisebridge.net/Lockers. Also, July 2011 is 2 1/2 years ago. Pretty long
> time.

I think that's debatable.  From the wiki history, it looks like Citizenkeys
(patrick keys) created that segment about not liking the lockers.  Patrick
was kicked out from both Noisebridge & Hacker Dojo for harassing and
stalking women.  I'm not sure if the "community" at that time created that
statement about not liking lockers.  (I don't know if he was actually
banned at NB, but he was definitely banned from the HD)

You guys are doing a better job than NB. If we have even one such sign, i
> never noticed it. Maybe Noisebridge should ask Danny for advice too.

I guess our hardline police action prevents future sleeping occurrences.
 It's not like we use police action on someone's first violation.  One
person used the Dojo to "live" in over a period of about 5 months before we
decided enough was enough and told said member that the next time he sleeps
at the Dojo, he will be arrested for trespassing.  He showed up at the Dojo
the very next day and we called the cops on him.