[Noisebridge-discuss] Let's use a Git repo to manage our massive, sprawling bureaucracy

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 17:25:28 UTC 2014

On 15 January 2014 23:18, Carlos Sosa <gnusosa at gnusosa.net> wrote:
> James Sundquist <sundquistjames at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> https://gitorious.org/
>>
>> This can be a fun way to host it ourselves!
>
> I disagree, I find gitorious an overkill, when we already have Apache
> HTTPD, and we can roll out gitweb[1] easily.
>
> [1] http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-on-the-Server-GitWeb
>
> - Carlos Sosa

You can host it yourselves. You can also mirror it on
github.com/noisebridge/ and let people send pull requests there.

Funny this git thing; it's almost like it's trying to avoid the
"What's the authoritative source?" question.

(The troll in me wants to say something like "I thought this would
appease the noisebridge'rs, but ..)

-a