[Noisebridge-discuss] An incident of harassment has been reported

Tom Lowenthal me at tomlowenthal.com
Wed Jan 8 09:15:36 UTC 2014

Someone has come to me in confidence and reported an incident of harassment.

The reporter left their computer unattended for a short while at
Noisebridge. When they returned, there was a threatening note and
photograph on their keyboard. They believe that the note is a credible
threat of violence against them. I see no reason to doubt this
interpretation. I am sending this email with the reporter's
permission.

Threatening or stalking behavior like this is not acceptable. If you
have and information about this incident, I would appreciate hearing
from you privately. I am happy to keep your comments in confidence.

I am available to take reports of harassment. I am always happy to
keep any confidence you want, to take as much or as little action as
you like, and to take whatever steps you prefer to protect your
privacy. If you do not feel comfortable talking with me, Liz Henry,
Hannah Grimm, or Danny O'Brien are also often available.

-Tom