[Noisebridge-discuss] Instrument/Microphone Cable Making Workshop

James Sundquist sundquistjames at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 22:39:48 UTC 2014

Hey-o Discuss and Sound-Hacks,

  I have found a few people interested in an Instrument and/or Microphone
(XLR) cable making workshop.  Cost for the materials will be split amongst
the participants so everyone gets the length of cable they want.  Leftovers
will all be donated to Noisebridge and a cash donation will be encouraged.
There are a few requirements for this to be successful, but I have one
confirmed participant who can solder a perfect joint.  Also, I can provide
a cable tester to guarantee we make something that actually works, but I
have no previous experience doing this.

  Anyone have previous experience successfully doing this?
  Any tips to consider?
  Any part recommendations?
  Will you attend, assuming it is affordable?

  Once we figure out an actual cost, and enough people to pay for it, the
workshop will set a date and time.  Very possibly I will attempt for a
Monday to overlap with Circuit Hacking (for the soldering intro).