[Noisebridge-discuss] Instrument/Microphone Cable Making Workshop

John Adams jna at retina.net
Fri Jan 17 00:10:36 UTC 2014

I have made and repaired literally hundreds of these cables.

Recommendations:

Connectors:

Neutrik XCC or XX series.
http://www.neutrik.us/en-us/xlr/xcc-series/
http://www.neutrik.us/en-us/xlr/xx-series/

Cable: Canare Star-Quad
http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDisplay.aspx?productItemID=53

These parts are basically the audio industry standards.

Tips: Make perfect solder joints. Never, ever make cables out of phase. +
and - and ground are important, in the right order.

I'm not going to attend, I've done this too much already.

-j