[Noisebridge-discuss] Lockers

hep dis at gruntle.org
Wed Jan 8 00:54:10 UTC 2014

FYI: a plan to get lockers has been going on on nb-discuss for something
like 3yr now. it has been talked about many times, but no one ever got
their shit together to actually get the lockers in question. so it's not
like this hasn't been discussed and agreed upon at length before. if you
search "noisebridge-discuss + lockers" on google you will bring up a lot of
the old discussion, where i believe it was agreed several different times
to try lockers if someone could procure some. i even seem to remember there
being a kind of small scale kick-starter to get some at one point.

-hep

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Al, your enthusiasm and do-ocraticism is great, and Noisebridge is
> fortunate to have you around. I regret and retract my tone, if you will
> allow. Sorry about that.
>
> But, I do feel something very major was rushed into, without adequate
> public discussion of need, space, and money. A $500 item, when NB now has a
> negative cashflow, seems extravagent.
>
> If NB has $500 to spare, maybe other folks can think of higher priorities,
> given the chance. Maybe others already have requested items over the past
> couple years, and were turned down.
>
> I could not even get $10/month for electronics components. Ultimately,
> what's higher priority, what's more fundamental to Noisebridge: electronics
> components, or lockers?
>
>  I have long supported the idea of a much smaller, fewer lockers, so i
> can stash my laptop when i go to dinner. But i feel the model you're
> creating is LONG-TERM storage of personal living items, not long-term
> storage of hacking projects.
>
> Sorry i feel that way. And i apologize for sounding harsh in my last
> message. You don't deserve that.

hep
hepic photography || www.hepic.net
    dis at gruntle.org || 415 867 9472