[Noisebridge-discuss] Lockers

Dean Mao dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Wed Jan 8 06:00:33 UTC 2014

What's wrong with experimentation?  I was curious as well, and looked back
into nb-discuss history, and it seemed like the lockers idea was well
received, but nobody got around to implementing it.  It worked very well
here at the Hacker Dojo, so I'm curious why Johny is so scared of the idea
that he doesn't even want to try it.  In fact, we are considering about
adding more lockers at the Hacker Dojo because the idea was so well
received and the current set of lockers got filled up fast.  I guess you
guys at NB will have difficulties implementing any idea because there will
always be someone who is against the idea.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Johny Radio <johnyradio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  On 1/7/2014 4:56:09 PM, "Curtis Gagliardi" <gagliardi.curtis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I think we should embrace this kind of experimentation
>

> Really? We should do more $500 experiments?
>

> as long as we're quick to put a stop to it
>

> I'm highly skeptical that it will be quick or easy to get rid of $500+
> worth of gym lockers.
>

> if we find it's problematic.
>

> So we should do things that have a high odds of being problematic? As an
> experiment? Been there, done that.
>

> I get the impression if it doesn't work out we could probably flip them
> for a profit,
>

> How do you get that impression? Al was on the buying end-- we do not know
> what kind of demand the seller experienced. But we do know that, according
> to Al, these should cost 2 to 3 times as much. That does not suggest high
> demand.
>

> so I don't think it's that major.
>

> If Al is looking for $500, that's very major.
>

> I share a lot of your concerns to be honest, but I'm excited that we're
> trying it.
>

> But why? Why do we need gym lockers? I still don't have a place to store
> my hacks!

Dean Mao
dean.mao at hackerdojo.com
Come visit us, we love new people!