[Noisebridge-discuss] Kitchen Plans

Gregory Dillon gregorydillon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:57:23 UTC 2014

​I agree with girlgeek that the problem is people didn't want to do their
dishes, and too many people who wanted to use Noisebridge as a squat.

If others agree, I'd rather see the space identified with the function
similar to a coffee house seating area, rather than a "breakroom".   I
think of a breakroom as go there for 15 minutes and gossip, and that's not
so awesome.   But a place where the design function is to encourage one to
sit for 45 minutes and do some work at a table, would be super.

I'd like to participate in moving chairs around tables around to achieve
this coffeehouse work-space function, if there is a coalescence of
agreement around that plan.  And, I'm told that Starbucks research says
small round tables are ideal, because if one person is at a table, it is
more inviting with a round table for a second and third person to join.
So that there are design element encouraging  people to exchange of ideas
and knowledge within the area.  The coffeehouse space function could also
double as a meeting space for small groups.

Let's stay in touch.  Greg