[Noisebridge-discuss] NB REBOOT by runlevel (and reminder: get yer stuff out of the space!)

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Jun 23 23:52:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:53:31PM -0700, Naomi Most wrote:
> 250 Hello users.noisebridge.net,
>
> Tomorrow evening at 7pm we'll have our Very Last Meeting Before
> Reboot, upon which we'll `telinit 3`, and on July 30th we'll `reboot`.
>
> The shutdown of runlevel 4 processes will be marked most notably by
> restriction of access to the space -- aka "soft closure" -- meaning
> that the space will be effectively closed from 11pm until 8am.
>
> REMINDER: please retrieve all personal items you may have on the
> project/member shelves.

I can't believe I'm *just* realizing this now, but of course the
Spacebridge / Project Bacchus shelves (near the Mission St windows and
the ladder to the roof) need some special handling.  I'm happy to take
the gear to my warehouse, and hopefully I'll be back in SF by the 29th
at the latest to help move it.

In particular, the 5' helium tanks which haven't been used in ~2 years
should go back to the welding supply place they came from and still
belong to.  (The short 3' helium tank was donated to Noisebridge.)

If anyone can put a sign on the shelves noting that I'll deal with it on
the 29th, I would really appreciate it.

Living the cyberpunk lifestyle in Shenzhen,
-andy https://twitter.com/eqe/status/481116744728473601