[Noisebridge-discuss] Exchange between Noisebridge and ThyssenKrupp

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 15 16:15:42 UTC 2014

tl;dr -- anyone want to meet with some corporate leaders involved with the military (and other industries) over dinner to talk about hackerspaces?  This is on the night of Monday 30-June.  If so, please contact me.

We live in interesting times.

I talk to a lot of different people as I travel around.  And even more people contact me by email.

Over the past few months I've been approached by leaders of large corporations, all wanting to know how their corporations could benefit by adding elements of hackerspaces -- or by creating hackerspaces -- into their corporations.

Recently I was contacted by contacted via email by Pascaline, someone from WDHB (a for-profit firm that has educational programs for corporations), representing ThyssenKrupp.  ThyssenKrupp make such things as coffee grinders, escalators, military submarines, and fighter bombers.

I spoke with Pascaline for quite some time about how hackerspaces are fantastic environments for creative output.  And also that the reason they work is because they are created by individuals from the bottom up.  Top down might pose some interesting challenges.

Pascaline wanted to know if I would meet with some of the corporate leaders of ThyssenKrupp over dinner to talk about hackerspaces.  I told her that I couldn't, since I do not want to do anything that helps create a world with more military.

Pascaline, interestingly enough, concurs with me.  Yet, she asked if I would pass the request along.

So, does anyone want to meet over dinner with corporate leaders of ThyssenKrupp on Monday 30-June?  If so, please contact me.

You can see her email to me, below.

Best,
Mitch.