[Noisebridge-discuss] Parking meter at noisebride [communication101]

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:55:02 UTC 2014

On 10 June 2014 13:23, rachel lyra hospodar <rachelyra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, one way you can build solidarity with me personally is when I write
> ranty polemic designed to inform and rally the troops,

[snip]

I think this is the bit where I disagree with you. I don't think the
community needs more rallying writings on the mailing list. That it
has in spades. I think it needs more leadership through people _doing_
exactly what your response contained. I don't think the writing itself
is going to have a lasting effect here.

I've been doing what your email said - coming to the space,
encouraging others that are doing good work, participating in
constructive things here and there, getting to know people and hear
their stories. Nowhere near as big a participation as someone who's a
Presence there like Deja, but I do what I can. Others do the same.

I'm in complete agreement with what you wrote. I personally think it
needs to be combined with participation.

-a