[Noisebridge-discuss] on consensus

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:33:13 UTC 2014

In a recent email,
On 3/14/2014 2:17 PM, Al Sweigart wrote:
> No one owes anyone compromise or explanation when they block an item.

which is actually patently untrue and kind of an integral part of any
consensus process - people willing to work with each other.  I don't
have a horse in the tom-jake argument, have seen them both be reasonable
and not-reasonable at different times, and consider them both to be
friends.

I have been meaning to write some ranty polemics to the list about how
consensus works, since many of us seem to be missing some key things.

I just went off hiatus, kids.  look out.

R.