[Noisebridge-discuss] on consensus

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:13:18 UTC 2014

Thanks for piping up, Rachel.

Yeah, it’s worth taking quite seriously the fact that Noisebridge as a group has never been “consensus trained”.

There was consensus-as-practiced among the original Noisebridge group, which “worked” fairly decently and resembled good consensus behavior, but mostly by dint of having a smaller, tight-knit community with far fewer ideological differences.

Now there is consensus-as-practiced in current Noisebridge, which has neither the advantage of a tight-knit community nor that of a strong tradition in a respectable consensus making manner.

I’m very much at odds with this whole “consensus doesn’t work” contention, largely due to the argument’s ever-more-obvious basis in misconceptions.

—Naomi