[Noisebridge-discuss] Trimmed off the board list

rachel lyra hospodar rachelyra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 21:40:51 UTC 2014

I wonder, Al, if you have any thoughts on the ideological tension between
your statements 'community buy in is key' and 'not everyone will be
completely satisfied'

One thing 100 percent consensus neatly solves is taking the factionalism
out of who gets to have their way. Everyone does, not just whoever is in
power.

You are clearly delineating that you are in power here, Al. Is your goal to
use your power to get your way? From my point of view, that is what you are
trying to do here. This could be out of ignorance, blindness, stubbornness,
or a willfull belief that Father Al knows best.

You'll forgive me for finding the most hope in believing you to be, in this
case, ignorant and stubborn.... since I sure don't believe in a
paternalistic approach to life. I don't think Father Al knows best. I do
respect you for trying, but call me crazy optimistic for hoping for you to
grow, change.  Maybe you should try putting up signs for meth like you did
for graffiti... that worked, right?

I gotta take a break now, kids, I just admitted in public to respecting Al.

R.