[Noisebridge-discuss] [Drama] Consensus Politics, The Reality Show

Madelynn Martiniere mmartiniere at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 23:57:06 UTC 2014

I'm absolutely astounded and disturbed by this forwarded text.

I don't know who wrote it, nor do I really care to know.

All I ask is, whoever you are, please stop accusing me of this collusion and conspiracy. I have never had any of these conversations, would never, and don't appreciate the implication. It's hurtful and rather upsetting.

I have the upmost respect for Naomi, spinach, and all those who have expressed concerns about the actions of the board, which is why I am 100% behind reverting the changes until further discussion is had.

Someone else on this list (who I'm not sure if I've met or not) suggested the meeting on Monday at Noisebridge West and I readily agreed.

*******

Fwd: Consensus Politics, The Reality Show

more fwd'in
>/  going passive-aggressive again with his typically
/>/  disingenuously manipulative lip-service responses,
/>/  directed against Naomi and spinach williams earlier
/>/  today.  He and the rest of the Board *could* be in
/>/  collusion to ensure that they and their allies will
/>/  easily outnumber any dissenters planning to attend
/>/  their agenda-controlled Tuesday meeting, with
/>/  Secretary Tom quite possibly lurking in the shadows.
/>/  Same goes for their beer chillout session proposed
/>/  for Monday night at Noisebridge West.  Also quite
/>/  possibly, Madelynn might have already given him the
/>/  go-ahead as such: "Al, you and our member allies may
/>/  go ahead and pick off one-by-one as many dissenters
/>/  [to our finalized decision] as you see fit, wielding
/>/  the Discussion list as much is necessary for
/>/  demonstrating at least a token semblance of
/>/  transparency.  You'd do well to validate our decision
/>/  by continuing to emphasize all incidents of overnight
/>/  sleeping that our excellent member allies keep finding
/>/  at Noisebridge.  Just make sure when you invalidate
/>/  the alternative proposals, that you avoid implicating
/>/  myself or Tom.  Now go keep on wearing 'em down, Al!"
/>/
/>/
/>/  'Course their Consensus Coup could be more like the
/>/  Survivor motif; A reality contest whereby a group of
/>/  Board Members isolates itself offline and/or within
/>/  Board-only meetings.  The lone survivor of this contest
/>/  takes home the ability to codify his or her rules and
/>/  decisions to all members and visitors alike.  Through
/>/  their strong alliance with Madelynn and with other more
/>/  vocal [Noisebridge member] allies, both Al and
/>/  Secretary Tom are rest assured that they will avoid
/>/  getting recalled off the island in a Tribal Council
/>/  meeting anytime soon.  A drawback to this analogy is
/>/  that Noisebridge's founder, Mitch Altman, has
/>/  generally preferred to keep his hands well off of the
/>/  reality contest as much as possible (except for today)
/>/  ... unlike Survivor's host Jeff Probst.
/>/
/>/  Archived Discuss list threads from
/>/  https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2014-March/thread.html
/>/  * Important Noisebridge Procedural Changes
/>/  * about policy vis-a-vis true excellence
/>/  * Trimmed off the board list
/>/  * catching up with "what's wrong with discussing
/>/  things at the Tuesday meeting"
/>/  * Let's talk about: Noisebridge Membership
/>/  * Let's talk about: "Rights" section
/>/
/>/
/>/  I guess it all really boils down to this...
/>/  ################################################
/>/  1. We already TOLD you that we -- the Al&
/>/  Madelynn-led Board -- *could* screw you over in
/>/  the name of Consensus and "Fixing" Noisebridge.
/>/
/>/  2. We DID effectively screw you over, by edict,
/>/  using our keen Machiavellian prowess.
/>/
/>/  3. All you dissenters CAN'T DO SHIT now about
/>/  our Consensus-based and *finalized* decisions.
/>/
/>/  4. STILL have any questions?
/>/
/>/
/>/  And I'm don't think I'm way off base at all, since
/
(sheesh, talk abt being pranaoid!)

--
Madelynn Martiniere