[Noisebridge-discuss] proposals concerning banning

Naomi Most nthmost at icloud.com
Sat Mar 1 00:02:34 UTC 2014

Things that come to mind on a day when I am feeling more friendly to the idea of formal policy:

1) Only one person per proposal for consensus ban.  More than that is madness.

2) The "up for discussion" phase of a proposal to ban (i.e. the first week that an item is formally discussed at a meeting) may only take place if the involved parties who have assented to be contacted have been contacted, and if those involved & assenting parties have been offered mediation and/or community-based resolution.  This must be done in writing, or in person and then recorded in writing.

I am not a github native (I only just converted to mercurial from subversion /last year/) and don't feel at home with the pull-request-based policy process.  So I'm writing my thoughts here and offering them up for skewering on the list.

#2 is predicated on the idea of there being an enacted "community meeting"

Your friend,
Naomi

--
Naomi Theora Most