[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge / the door is fucked up

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Mar 5 22:17:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014, Torrie Fischer wrote:

> On Wednesday, March 05, 2014 00:42:03 Jake wrote:
>> someone cut the wires to the payphone that allows people to open the gate
>> with a door code.  probably because they figured (correctly) that people
>> would just jam the door open so it doesn't ever latch, rather than fix it.
>>
>> nobody capable of splicing eight wires has fixed it yet, as of last night,
>> because the only people who go to noisebridge now think that wire is for
>> tying a sleeping bag onto your backpack.
>>
>> nobody has posted a message to the discuss list because people who know
>> how to use computers no longer go to noisebridge to know to post about it.
>>
>> also, one of the toilets at noisebridge is now for "liquids only" because
>> the skill and will to repair a clogged toilet are not available.  The clog
>> is likely due to lack of toilet paper causing someone to use a handy rag
>> to wipe their ass rather than buy toilet paper.  There is a mop there, and
>> a sign saying to mop up "when" the toilet leaks.
>>
>> until the beaurocrats and blockers use their marvelous power of consensus,
>> blockage, grandstanding and bickering to do something to improve the
>> overall culture at noisebridge to a point where hackers actually want to
>> go there, i refuse to acknowledge the results of this sham election and I
>> hope others do the same.
>
> What would you suggest this "something" is?
>
> I understand the sentiments presented here, but it isn't productive to go on
> about "something being wrong" without constructive suggestions of what change
> you would like to see at noisebridge.

I would assume you are presenting this question to everyone, but it is
worded as specifically addressed to me.  I have made plenty of suggestions
and put plenty of time into trying to solve problems like this and i have
not had sufficient cooperation or backing.

If you don't think there's a problem at noisebridge, then there is no need
for you to ask me or anyone to waste our time suggesting solutions.  But
if you do think there is a problem, I urge you to solicit input from
everyone and work toward getting people on the same page to agree on
actions to take.

maybe i'm the only one who thinks noisebridge has become a sad shadow of
its former greatness and things should change?