[Noisebridge-discuss] anti-anonymity proposal take 2

Gregory Dillon gregorydillon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:40:35 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, I also missed the meeting, so Ron and all please excuse me
if I missed some part of the reasoning.

I believe every Non-profit including Noisebridge is strengthened when it
brings in quality people who can contribute to the organization, especially
when those people take leadership position.   Many people are against
having their addresses and contact information broadly published and
indexed by Google, and they are in > % than avg at NB.   So  a requirement
that  their address and contact information be published would be a
disincentive to full participation, and may keep good people from being
part of Noisebridge.

But there is an middle ground  on privacy and openness of membership that
can be looked at.  The state law model represents the wisdom of the usage
of thousands of nonprofit corporation, and it aims for a middle ground.   I
'd prefer that membership lists not be Google searchable, but that  when a
consensus member want a list of members for a reason consistent with being
a consensus member, that they are provided that list.

--
Let's stay in touch.  Greg