[Noisebridge-discuss] Let's talk about: Noisebridge Membership

Al Sweigart asweigart at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 17:14:18 UTC 2014

The keyword there in your sentence is "should". But the bylaws are specific
about what constitutes a quorum: a majority of the directors. And I
disagree, it is difficult to coordinate five specific people with five busy
schedules.

>From this email:
https://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/noisebridge-discuss/2014-March/043125.html

"Disregard.  The board has, in fact, not "agreed" on these changes, because
they were never discussed."

Spinach, at this point I kind of expect an accusation of me editorializing
from you, but a single-worded dismissal of every other board member's vote
on a matter strikes me as saying her vote could effectively override
everyone else's. When the bylaws say a measure requires a majority is
needed to pass and a majority (heck, a super-majority) votes for it, we
didn't feel it was a stretch to say it had passed.

Spinach, just to clarify, do you think the bylaws of Noisebridge are the
rules that Noisebridge should follow?