[Noisebridge-discuss] catching up with "what's wrong with discussing things at the Tuesday meeting"

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:28:52 UTC 2014

No, I mean I have been trying to focus on promoting good process
within the *board*.  (I didn't see you ask that question anywhere
else.)

"Consensus" (I have to put it in quotes here, because -- after
spending the past 2 sleepless nights reading all I can on Consensus --
I don't believe NB has been doing Consensus for a very long time) does
not need to be used to solve the problems you're talking about.

You are using "consensus" as a blanket term for
Noisebridge-as-a-system, which is *definitely* broken.

But neither Consensus nor democratic voting can solve the problem of
people sleeping at the space.  I mean, really:  explain to me how that
works.

The board can easily make a rule that sleeping is not allowed.  The
board can do that.  Is that what you're after?  Because I will write
that Proposal right now.

The hard part is enforcement.  You're so keen on how "consensus" is
not working, you have never explained how you envision enforcement of
this no-sleeping-rule working.

So, please.

--Naomi