[Noisebridge-discuss] Problem: people seeing NB as a backup shelter

Joe Black joeblack949 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 05:49:48 UTC 2014

I wouldn’t consider myself in any way to be conflict avoidant. I’ve been coming here for 2-3 years on and off and been around for many times someone was waked and asked to leave however. The process is an extremely stressful one that’s mentally draining, similar to trying to rationalize with an irrational person. In fact many times they end up winning out after the person asking them to leave has been worn down during the process. I don’t know about other people but I don’t blame anyone who’s working on something important in which focus is crucial and ruined for a decent period of time by such an encounter. I’m much more a fan of prevention.

joeblack