[Noisebridge-discuss] Fundraiser Cancelled Due To Harassment

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Sun May 18 16:32:55 UTC 2014

Joe Black <joeblack949 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Is this the reason they didn’t leave the new CNC machine?

Partly. Vandalism of the website is a metaphor for the physical space. They correctly are worried the machine will get stripped, broken, stolen.

Can you blame them? That's what happens to most decent gear at NB.

But that's ok, because apparently NB has decided they don't WANT nice things. That would be too much like techshop. Naomi asked if NB wants to be a facility, and N said here she felt the response was not a strong consensus on that.

Someone has even removed from the NB website "Noisebridge is a provider of infrastructure for technical creative projects." At least it's honest now.

I believe Inventables may want to try again sometime in the future, if NB decides to provide (and demonstrates the ability to PROTECT) facilities for HACKERS.

Interestingly, their lead, Michael, did an impromptu talk that night at 5MOF. He talked about how libraries use RULES to ensure EVERYONE gets to enjoy the shared resources.

I guess he's some kind of damn communist.