[Noisebridge-discuss] yes, virginia, there is a Kitchen Working Group

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu May 8 17:10:34 UTC 2014

Johny wrote:

"I heard there's a new Kitchen Working Group, peopled by non-hacking,
non-member kitchen-users (appointed, Vee said, by Gregory Dillon).
Gregory, i suggest you also create a group called "Sleeping
Taskforce"-- you can appoint some squatters."

I encouraged the creation of this group as a way to deal with the kitchen.

"-Various other non-hacking non-members were hanging out."
"-Vee said "people who use the kitchen have laptops-- isn't that hacking?"

Johny, do you REALLY want to take on the concept of "Noisebridge is
for hackers, and non-hackers shouldn't be here?"

Truly?

Because if you do, you will have to come to the Noisebridge meetings
and bring this up for discussion at several successive meetings, where
these "non-hackers" have been consistently contributing their time and
attention.

You'll probably also have to make a campaign of coming to the space
and bullying these people to make them stay away.

You'll also have to propose a way to keep the space healthy and
cared-for by "hackers" that actually has a decent chance of
succeeding.

--Naomi

--
Naomi Theora Most